1.7.11

marriage

Today’s post is going to be a little bit different. I want to share with you from the first four months of our marriage. Firstly, I can’t believe it’s already been 119 days. Time flies. So much has happened for both of us in this time, it is truly incredible. Wil had been doing some work for this really cool company called Tap.Me and came on full time as their CTO right after we got back from the honeymoon. I started the wedding season strong a month after we got back, and it seems we’ve both been nonstop since. I won’t lie to you, marriage is really hard. There is a LOT that “they” don’t tell you. But honestly, there’s a lot I don’t think I would have understood even if I’d been told. Shoot, I led with the marriage is hard bit. Well, marriage is also really awesome. I want to be clear about that. Marrying Wil is absolutely the best decision I’ve made to date. Waking up next to him in the morning is absolutely the best start to any day that I could imagine. Yes, we have a TON of learning and growing to do. But the thing is, I feel like we grow by leaps and bounds every day. We have to learn to fight better, communicate better (which will probably help with everything else too), and serve each other better. But the really cool thing is that we get to do all of these things together! Because no post is complete without at least one picture, this is one from our engagement session. I hadn’t really loved this image when we first got the pictures back, but it really seems to resonate with me today.


I hope you have an amazing holiday weekend! And I can’t wait to see you again on Tuesday :-)





picture from Arlina Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment