So today is the first day of Fall, officially.
Although this drink is awesome for any time of year (seriously it's in my top 3) I think the flavor is particularly perfect for fall, so I'm sharing it with you today :-)
This is an old Violet Hour drink that Wil has experimented with quite a bit and really we just love love love. It's called, the Bitter Giuseppe. It's a Cynar based cocktail. If you haven't had or don't know what Cynar is, get your booty to the closes cocktail bar and try it, straight up. It's an artichoke based liquor that is pretty much one of the most delicious things ever (in my opinion - of course). Okay so here goes...
The Bitter Giuseppe
You will need the following:
Lemon (this MUST be fresh, not bottle juice)
Orange (this also must be fresh)
Regans orange bitters
Stirrer/ice tea spoon
1. Pour 1 1/2 ounces of Cynar into the shaker
2. Pour 1 ounce of Carpano Antica into the shaker
3. Squeeze a teaspoon of lemon juice into the shaker
(probably best to do this over the sink and then transfer to shaker)
4. Throw one or two dashes of Regan's orange bitters into the shaker
5. Add a bunch of ice to the shaker and stir until the shaker gets really cold
(as you can see in the picture ;-)
6. Pour into glass
7. Cut a slice of orange, squeeze the essence over the drink, then use as garnish
I am really excited about this weekend! We have a lot going on, all of which I will update you on next week. But for now, happy Fall, and happy drinking!
Curious about having me at your wedding? Or just want to hang out? Let's talk!